Customer Survey Terms & Conditions
Vax Customer Survey Promotion Official Rules, Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter this competition (Competition) forms part of the terms of entry, which includes these terms and conditions (Terms). Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms.
2. The promoter is Techtronic Industries Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 98 002 277 509) of 31 Gilby Road, Mount Waverly, Victoria Australia 3149 (Promoter).
Entry into the Competition
3.Entry into the Competition is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only.
4. The Competition commences 09:00 (AEST) 6 May 2016 and concludes 16:00 (AEST) 20 May 2016 (Closing Date) (the Promotional Period).
5. To enter, entrants must, during the Promotional Period, undertake and/or complete the following:
Fill out the survey located at http://vax.com.au/survey, The most creative answer wins.
6. Entrants in the competition may enter once per promotional period. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who has, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Competition and/or Promoter.
8. Entries must be received by the Closing Date. The time of entry will in each case be the time online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
9. Entrants warrant that their entry in the Competition does not breach the intellectual property rights of any third party nor breach the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (CCA). The entrant indemnifies and will keep the Promoter and its associated agencies indemnified against any loss, costs (including legal costs), expenses or liability the Promoter and its associated agencies may suffer arising out of any breach by the entrant of this clause.
The Prizes are:
Ten (10) Vax VX16 Air Purifiers (RRP $299)
Ten (10) Vax VX11 Window Vacuums (RRP $99)
Five (5) Vax VX13 Air Silence Powerhead Vacuum Cleaners (RRP $499)
Specified, awarded to the best-received entries during the Competition period.
10. Total 25 Prize Packs, each with a value quoted in AU dollars (inc GST) as listed below...
Total Pack AU RRP $6475
11. The Prize Pack nor any part of it cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
12. The Prize Pack value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publishing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize Pack value between now and the ultimate Prize Pack redemption date.
Determining the Winner of the Prize Pack
13. All entries received by the conclusion Closing Date will be reviewed by the Promoter’s judging panel. The best entry (as judged in accordance with these Terms) (Winner) will win one Prize Pack. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be judged on originality and creativity.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Winner to provide proof of identity and proof of residency at the nominated Prize Pack delivery address. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification may be requested at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a Winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Winner will forfeit the Prize Pack in whole and no substitute will be offered.
16. Winners will be notified via the website and Facebook by no later than 23May 2016.
17. In the event that the Promoter has used reasonable efforts to identify the Winner and a Prize Pack remains unclaimed by 25 June 2016, the Promoter may select an alternate winner to receive the Prize Pack in substitution for the winner.
18.The Prize Pack will be awarded to the person named in the entry only. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter and modify their entry as appropriate.
19. Unless expressly stated in these Terms all other expenses become the responsibility of the Winner.
20. If any component of the Prize Pack is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the item of equal or greater value.
21. Once Prize Packs have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for Prize Packs being damaged, delayed or lost in transit. Please allow up to four (4) weeks for prize delivery.
22. By accepting the Prize Pack, Winners agree to participate in and cooperate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests relating to the Prize Pack, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed and/or filmed.
23. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the Prize Pack at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the Prize Pack will be forefeited by the Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the Prize Pack.
24. Winners should seek independent financial advice as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the Prize Pack.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if Promoter becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in clause 7.
26. It is a condition of accepting the Prize Pack that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize pack and the Prize Pack supplier’s requirements.
27. In the case of:
- The intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Terms, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism; or
- The Promoter being unable to run the Competition as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
28. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any Prize Pack except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including the CCA). The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
29. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct of the Competition. The Promoter reserves its rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
Collection of Information
30. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this Competition.